Call the Preppies In

Call the preppies in is a little throw back to something that we used to say where I grew up. It’s a deviation of Call the cows in since I grew up on a ranch in Midlo, TX, and yes that stands for “middle of nowhere”. Well, actually, that’s my BFF’s interpretation of my hometown. I have an amazing family, wonderful friends, and the most rewarding job in the world- I teach.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday Funday

So, "B" and I had a GREAT TIME today trying out 2 new recipes- they were both deeelicious! One of my favorite things in the world is Spinach artichoke dip. I like the fake from the store, the kind from Chili's and some of the best I've ever had is from Houston's until we found this recipe! It's very fresh and not loaded up with mayo like most.
"B" found this recipe online and modified it a little, like he always does- Here is the link to the recipe..
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/artichoke-and-spinach-dip-recipe/index.html

We also made Shepard's Pie. We tried to go light on the potatoes , so it was not as creamy and potatoey (if that's a word) that we've had in the past, but still was very tasty.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/30-minute-shepherds-pie-recipe2/index.html
To top it off we had banana pudding for dessert! What a great way to start my Spring Break- good food!!! :)
"B" is not on Spring Break :(- he's wondering why, not??!!!! He will be on a jet plane to DC @ 5AM in the morning...so sad :(


















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home