Call the Preppies In

Call the preppies in is a little throw back to something that we used to say where I grew up. It’s a deviation of Call the cows in since I grew up on a ranch in Midlo, TX, and yes that stands for “middle of nowhere”. Well, actually, that’s my BFF’s interpretation of my hometown. I have an amazing family, wonderful friends, and the most rewarding job in the world- I teach.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

I Miss NYC

I want to go back VERY SOON. "B" and I talked about me flying the last week of Christmas vacation. That means we would get to spend New Years together in NY. How exciting! :) Too bad it doesn't work out for us to be there on our BDay's- mine is on the 22nd and his is on the 27th. We'll both be 31! Doesn't seem real!!! I'll be skiing in Colorado w/ girlfriends and he'll be on a Caribbean island w/ his fam.

We watched the both of these movies this weekend.

They were both really good! :) Jessica Simpson was adorable playing the role of a small town girl in the Big City. I have to say, that I could relate to several of the things she experienced in the flick. :) If you have not seen it - add it to your Netflix of Blockbuster Queue. I added it this summer while in NY and just now got it. Oh, well, better late than never.
Catherine Zeta- Jones was great working as a chef in a restaurant in Manhattan.
"B" and I had a great "retreat" together! :)


2 Comments:

At October 26, 2008 at 6:52 PM , Blogger Suburban prep said...

I like No Reservations as well. Hubby and I watched it earlier today as well.

 
At October 28, 2008 at 11:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We actually just watched the Catherine Zeta-Jones film, and enjoyed it! We'll cross our fingers for you on the New Year's in NYC. That could be such fun for you two!

TP

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home