Call the Preppies In

Call the preppies in is a little throw back to something that we used to say where I grew up. It’s a deviation of Call the cows in since I grew up on a ranch in Midlo, TX, and yes that stands for “middle of nowhere”. Well, actually, that’s my BFF’s interpretation of my hometown. I have an amazing family, wonderful friends, and the most rewarding job in the world- I teach.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

TAKS...

Is a beating! Seriously, to stay that quiet for that long is crazy! Writing test was today and Math is about 29 days away. We teach 183 days (or close to that) all year for the state to look at the results of 1 of them. No cell phones went off, so that was a good thing! I actually had my kiddos take their batteries out just to make sure we were safe.

Highlights for today-nominated for Teacher of the Year (that was a big surprise!), got a sweet card in the mail from my BFF :), Mom got me an adorable Easter doormat to put on display, made Racheal Rays Chili Mac for dinner- turned out wonderful as always, watching American Idol now, and that pretty much wraps up my day. :)

Dreaming of warm weather....I'm so tired of the cold!


1 Comments:

At March 5, 2009 at 7:23 PM , Blogger What Kate Wore said...

Oh my gosh, you are back! Yippee-skippee! We really missed you!

Congratulations on your nomination too, that is fab!
tp

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home