Call the Preppies In

Call the preppies in is a little throw back to something that we used to say where I grew up. It’s a deviation of Call the cows in since I grew up on a ranch in Midlo, TX, and yes that stands for “middle of nowhere”. Well, actually, that’s my BFF’s interpretation of my hometown. I have an amazing family, wonderful friends, and the most rewarding job in the world- I teach.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Oh NO...


House defeats $700B financial markets bailout

By JULIE HIRSCHFELD DAVIS, Associated Press Writer
1 minute ago

WASHINGTON - The House on Monday defeated a $700 billion emergency rescue package, ignoring urgent pleas from President Bush and bipartisan congressional leaders to quickly bail out the staggering financial industry.

Stocks plummeting on Wall Street even before the 228-205 vote to reject the bill was announced on the House floor.

When the critical vote was tallied, too few members of the House were willing to support the unpopular measure with elections just five weeks away. Ample no votes came from both the Democratic and Republican sides of the aisle.

Bush and a host of leading congressional figures had implored the lawmakers to pass the legislation despite howls of protest from their constituents back home.


2 Comments:

At September 29, 2008 at 7:02 PM , Blogger Preppy Pettit said...

Ijust found you, love your blog! I am going to add you to my roll.

 
At September 30, 2008 at 9:16 PM , Blogger Midnight Madras said...

I have to admit, I'm glad it failed. It was not good to begin with, and the tinkering around they did with it made it no better. Does something need to be done? Absolutely...but it needs to be something that addresses the root problem, which this bill did not.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home