Call the Preppies In

Call the preppies in is a little throw back to something that we used to say where I grew up. It’s a deviation of Call the cows in since I grew up on a ranch in Midlo, TX, and yes that stands for “middle of nowhere”. Well, actually, that’s my BFF’s interpretation of my hometown. I have an amazing family, wonderful friends, and the most rewarding job in the world- I teach.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Confirmation Sponser

I have exciting news! Today I was asked to serve as a sponsor for my friend's daughter that will be starting her Catholicism Confirmation Classes soon. "R" is such an amazing young lady. I shared the story of what I remembered as I received the Sacrament with her Mom today. I still have the little statue of the girl praying on her knees. awww..:)I've never been on this side of it before, so I'm a little nervous! If anyone has any suggestions, tips, or ideas that they would like to share that would be great. I do have the gift taken care of. I have an extra rosary that I had blessed by the Pope when I was in Rome back in December.
This is her...


2 Comments:

At September 12, 2008 at 7:39 PM , Blogger cancersucks said...

What a blessing. How about sweet notes or making her a prayer book/journal. There are special statues of your patron saint/confirmation name I give my godchildren on their confirmation. Enjoy.

 
At September 13, 2008 at 7:55 AM , Blogger preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

that's awesome!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home