Call the Preppies In

Call the preppies in is a little throw back to something that we used to say where I grew up. It’s a deviation of Call the cows in since I grew up on a ranch in Midlo, TX, and yes that stands for “middle of nowhere”. Well, actually, that’s my BFF’s interpretation of my hometown. I have an amazing family, wonderful friends, and the most rewarding job in the world- I teach.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Dallas' Annual Fair


State Fair Time!!


I absolutely Love this time of the year! Nothing beats the smell of fried foods, the greasiest corny dogs, huge funnel cakes and cold beer. Not to mention the smell of the cattle barn and heat all mixed together. I plan to take off on Thursday to watch my little brother show his steer. Wish him luck!! He's a Junior in HS, so he only has this year and next to win the big prize $$$,$$$..and then he's off to Red Raider Land.

Think he looks like a purple ribbon winner?????



2 Comments:

At September 28, 2008 at 9:14 PM , Blogger Hopsy said...

I cannot wait to go to the fair in october!

 
At September 29, 2008 at 9:52 AM , Blogger Lexy said...

my absolute favorite time of the year. Nothing beats the Texas State Fair -- I love it!

Good luck to your brother!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home