Call the Preppies In

Call the preppies in is a little throw back to something that we used to say where I grew up. It’s a deviation of Call the cows in since I grew up on a ranch in Midlo, TX, and yes that stands for “middle of nowhere”. Well, actually, that’s my BFF’s interpretation of my hometown. I have an amazing family, wonderful friends, and the most rewarding job in the world- I teach.

Friday, October 24, 2008

State Fair

My lil' bro getting his steer ready to show. He ended up placing 13th out of like 70 plus steers in his class. Only the top 10 in the class make the sale. Better luck next time. He did a really good job showing it. I always enjoy watching him :)




















I got to take Baby Lola to the State Fair!! She is absolutely adorable- but a TON OF WORK. Gammi & I were pretty pooped after just a few hours! Best arm workout I've ever had!! No kidding! Go Moms..all you guys must have extremely toned arms. Mine were sore for days after carrying her around. It was all very worth it. I had a blast, so did she. She liked the pig's better than the Moo Moo's. Wish Mom could have joined. :(





3 Comments:

At October 25, 2008 at 12:58 PM , Blogger Preppy Pettit said...

Now you know how I lost the baby weight from the twins!

 
At October 25, 2008 at 1:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your little brother looks so cute in that picture, but that is one serious looking animal! And little Lola looks darling, despite the arm workout she gave you.

It all looks like a splendid day!
tp

 
At October 25, 2008 at 8:04 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Baby Lola is ADORABLE! She is such a little chubber-I love it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home