Call the Preppies In

Call the preppies in is a little throw back to something that we used to say where I grew up. It’s a deviation of Call the cows in since I grew up on a ranch in Midlo, TX, and yes that stands for “middle of nowhere”. Well, actually, that’s my BFF’s interpretation of my hometown. I have an amazing family, wonderful friends, and the most rewarding job in the world- I teach.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

BOO!

I was Boo'ed today!

I received this precious little Halloween treat in my mailbox at school today full of candy and nuts. I wanted to share it bc it's a great way to get into the Trick-or-Treat spirit and it's work friendly. :) You could just copy the saying and start passing "BOO" along.
Have fun. :)

This treat is for you,
We hope you enjoy,
The idea is simple,
One we hope you employ.
You pass "BOO" along to 3 other neighbors,
Along with any kind of Halloween favors.
If we all do our part,
And spread the good cheer,
By Halloween night it will be very clear.
We're a friendly bunch,
We like to share fun
So please do your part
And keep "BOO" on the run!

I might try to find the time to make these tonight for my 3 neighbors.

Ingredients
Makes about 15
12 ounces white chocolate chips
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Lollipop sticks
Mini chocolate chips
Directions
Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside.
Melt white chocolate in a heat-proof bowl over simmering water; stir occasionally. Remove bowl; mix in oil. Drop 1 tablespoon of mixture onto prepared baking sheet. Use the back of a teaspoon to quickly spread into a ghost. Place a lollipop stick at the base, spinning to coat. Add chocolate chip eyes. Refrigerate ghosts 5 minutes, then peel off.

Or...these- Nutter Butter Ghost Cookies

Ingredients
12 ounces of white candy coating, white chocolate or vanilla bark
(I use Candiquik vanilla flavored candy coating)

1 package of nutter butter peanut butter cookies

1 small package of miniature M&M's
(I usually buy a regular size package and set the extras out in a candy dish.)

Preparations
Be prepared for this one. Everything happens pretty fast or the bark will harden before you are done.

Set out either a sheet of waxed paper or cooking parchment paper on the table.

Melt the bark according to the instructions on the package.

Dip the nutter butter cookies into the melted bark until the cookies are completely white.

Lay the dipped cookie on the paper.

Get two mini M&M's (I use two of the same color but you don't have to) and put them on one end of the cookie for eyes before the outer shell hardens.
This works best if you have someone to help. One can dip and the other can do the eyes.

Let the candy covered cookies harden.

Remove from paper and put into a bowl or arrange on a plate. Cover tightly until ready to serve.


4 Comments:

At October 8, 2008 at 4:53 PM , Blogger University of Iowa Meg said...

The nutter butter ghost cookies look so cute! Let me know how your treats turn out!

 
At October 8, 2008 at 5:12 PM , Blogger Charlie said...

oh my lord...i want to make the nutterbutter ghost cookies ASAP. they look like something i couldn't mess up! (i'm sucha klutz!)

great ideas :)

-charlie (of luluandcharlie....www.nixonsleeves.blogspot.com)

 
At October 8, 2008 at 5:44 PM , Blogger Monogramchick said...

What a cute, cute idea. I bet that put a smile on your face when you went to your box!
The nutterbutter ghosts will be a hit in my home, thanks so much for sharing!
You have a great blog, so glad I found you, I will certainly be back!

 
At October 8, 2008 at 6:35 PM , Blogger Mojito Maven said...

I.NEED.THOSE.COOKIES.NOW! that is all...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home