Call the Preppies In

Call the preppies in is a little throw back to something that we used to say where I grew up. It’s a deviation of Call the cows in since I grew up on a ranch in Midlo, TX, and yes that stands for “middle of nowhere”. Well, actually, that’s my BFF’s interpretation of my hometown. I have an amazing family, wonderful friends, and the most rewarding job in the world- I teach.

Friday, September 5, 2008

R..O..U..T..I..N..E..

I'm back in it. Just completed my first 2 weeks back at school...Geez, I am completely exhausted. My classes are full to the max. I have a ton of little darlins' with raging hormones, attitude, and innocence. I have 'em trained pretty well w/ our daily routine. I like the confirmation from one student that decided to diagnosis me as OCD..LOL!! Kids like structure and NEED it so desperately to be successful. :)
I'm not liking my structured personal life so much right now. "B" and I are not hanging out as much. I got an email from one of my favorite boutiques in New York telling me about their Ted Baker Fall Collection Sale and it makes me so sad to not be there. I could be there if I wanted to. "B" actually has offered to fly me there the past few weekends, but I have turned down the offer..I want and need more than him to wine and dine me...:(
It's so hard to stay focused!!!
Okay..enough about that...
So,I went to my first provisional JL meeting last night- pretty interesting, then had dinner with new friend "E". Meeting up with friends tonight, JL stuff tomorrow, and hope my bros have their shotguns loaded bc I've really been craving some dove.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.. :)


2 Comments:

At September 7, 2008 at 3:01 PM , Blogger Hopsy said...

I am glad you made it through you first two weeks! It sounds like your fall is off to a wonderful start, keep hanging in there!

 
At September 13, 2008 at 5:44 AM , Blogger Girl in Carolina said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment on my blog. I actually went dove hunting for the first time (I didn't actually shoot) recently. I didn't get to eat any of it - I wondered if they were pretty tasty.

Love your blog! I'll be back :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home