Call the Preppies In

Call the preppies in is a little throw back to something that we used to say where I grew up. It’s a deviation of Call the cows in since I grew up on a ranch in Midlo, TX, and yes that stands for “middle of nowhere”. Well, actually, that’s my BFF’s interpretation of my hometown. I have an amazing family, wonderful friends, and the most rewarding job in the world- I teach.

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Junior League Retreat




This was today and let me tell you it was a ton of fun!! I'm so glad that my BFF got me to do this. I am in a provisional class of about 32. It did remind me a bit of rush, so I guess it's going to be somewhat like a grown-up sorority. I am looking forward to getting started. I signed up to be on the committee that works with women within the community that dropped out of high school and can not read. What a wonderful opportunity that will be for us.


3 Comments:

At August 25, 2008 at 9:17 AM , Blogger MMM said...

I left you something on my blog!

 
At August 29, 2008 at 1:03 PM , Blogger Deborah said...

You're going to love the Junior League! My days as an Active were some of the most rewarding of my life. I'm now a Sustainer and am enjoying that as well. Good luck and keep us posted with what you're up to!

 
At September 10, 2008 at 7:46 PM , Blogger preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

congrats, you are going to love being part of the junior league! i have been an active for 5 years, loving every moment of it! you'll meet some wonderful women and you will get so much back from volunteering your time for those less fortunate than you! have fun!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home