Call the Preppies In

Call the preppies in is a little throw back to something that we used to say where I grew up. It’s a deviation of Call the cows in since I grew up on a ranch in Midlo, TX, and yes that stands for “middle of nowhere”. Well, actually, that’s my BFF’s interpretation of my hometown. I have an amazing family, wonderful friends, and the most rewarding job in the world- I teach.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Silent Killers...


Salina patent-leather ballet flats
was $138.00 select colors $110.50 item 95898
High-gloss shine—a goes-everywhere (with everything) flat in the most incredible colors. Italian patent leather upper with heavy stitching. Man-made lining and sole. Made in Italy. OMG!!!!!!! These were incredibly uncomfortable today. I bought these at Jcrew last night bc I thought they would be a perfect flat to teach in..boy was I wrong! Does anyone own these? Should I look into getting them stretched? My Tori B's do the exact same thing and that's why I have to end up wearing them as flip-flops. I know you're probably thinking that I just have chubby feet or something, but I don't. I really don't feel like it's a size issue, possibly just the way the shoe is made in general. I bought the 7 1/2 bc the 8 was huge when I tried it on.


3 Comments:

At August 25, 2008 at 9:35 PM , Blogger Courtney said...

They are very cute though!
Enjoyed reading your blog.
I've always wanted to buy frownies! :)

 
At August 25, 2008 at 9:39 PM , Blogger Kate said...

My friend said her Tory Burch shoes were super uncomfortable at first and now she loves them. I suggest using those Dr. Scholl's things for the back-I use those in all my ballet flats and they do make a difference

 
At September 5, 2008 at 11:04 AM , Blogger Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Oh I think Tory Burch shoes are the most uncomfortable. For me though it is the elastic at the back of the foot. 30 seconds and I am squirming to get out. I guess I am hyper sensitive because all of my friends LOVE them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home