Call the Preppies In

Call the preppies in is a little throw back to something that we used to say where I grew up. It’s a deviation of Call the cows in since I grew up on a ranch in Midlo, TX, and yes that stands for “middle of nowhere”. Well, actually, that’s my BFF’s interpretation of my hometown. I have an amazing family, wonderful friends, and the most rewarding job in the world- I teach.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008



Is Elisabeth Looking for a New 'View'?

posted by brenda - Mon, Sep 29, 2008, 2:05 pm PDT


"The View's" Elisabeth Hasselbeck is reportedly "really upset" about the recent political discussions (i.e. the upcoming presidential election) that have been taking place on her daytime gab fest. As the lone Republican on the talk panel -- not to mention the youngest -- she just can't seem to win against her loud, liberal counterparts Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg.

While tensions are high on set, a "View" staff member told the Chicago Sun-Times that things aren't as bad as they were during the Rosie O'Donnell era. Still, it's bad enough that Barbara Walters has set up a "cooling off" meeting for her ladies.

Rumor has it that Elisabeth may even be leaving "The View" to host her own program on the FOX News Channel, where she can be with her own "kind" ... and not have to face off with Joy and Whoopi on a daily basis! That sort of makes me sad. Although I think Hasselbeck often comes across as being out of touch, uninformed, and immature, I must admit that the outspoken 31-year-old makes for some good television!


6 Comments:

At September 30, 2008 at 8:26 PM , Blogger TD said...

That is so funny... I watched The View last week for probably the first time since college and I totally found myself thinking "Elizabeth must be going nuts being outnumbered with more liberal opinions." What a coincidence!

 
At September 30, 2008 at 9:12 PM , Blogger Midnight Madras said...

I think The View would be much better if they had a couple of conservatives rather than just poor little Elisabeth. I cannot stand to watch that show, not that I'm ever around at that time of day. But they would need to be sassy, slightly older conservatives, or at least one older one to complement E. It would make for much livelier discussion, rather than just attacks and dismissals. I have seen E on Fox News quite a bit lately and I think it would be great if she got her own show. We'll see...

 
At September 30, 2008 at 11:18 PM , Blogger Lexy said...

She is the only reason I can stand to watch the show. If she leaves and The View consists of more of Joy's annoying nasaly voice and rude and uniformed comments I'll stop watching. For her sake though - she'd be better off on Fox News than constantly being belittled by the other ladies. (Really by other ladies I just mean Joy - Sherri and Barbara don't make rude dumb comments and Whoopi has just been playing mediator between Joy and Elisabeth lately)

 
At October 1, 2008 at 8:23 AM , Blogger Suburban prep said...

Elisabeth is the only reason I tune in when I do tune in. I am not a fan of Joy.

 
At October 9, 2008 at 6:29 PM , Blogger Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

If Elisabeth leaves The View I don't think I would watch it. Things have gotten really heated recently.

 
At October 12, 2008 at 11:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

elisabeth is the reason I watch the view. I think she is fab + great!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home