Call the Preppies In

Call the preppies in is a little throw back to something that we used to say where I grew up. It’s a deviation of Call the cows in since I grew up on a ranch in Midlo, TX, and yes that stands for “middle of nowhere”. Well, actually, that’s my BFF’s interpretation of my hometown. I have an amazing family, wonderful friends, and the most rewarding job in the world- I teach.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

"Friends With Money" 2006


"I was reading this recommendation that Blockbuster gave me today and I thought you might have had something to do with it. Maybe you aren't that skilled at hacking into my account yet and I am giving you too much credit. Anyway this was the description and the movie." emailed from "B"

"Friends With Money" 2006
"A single woman envies the security of her married friends, while they in turn dream of her freedom in this comedy drama. Olivia (Jennifer Aniston) is a single woman in her mid-thirties who feels she's reached a crossroads in her life. Unhappy with her career as a teacher, Olivia quits and takes a job as a maid until she sorts out her feelings. However, Olivia feels as if she could use some support, both personal and financial, from her best friends, all of whom at very least have more in the bank than she does. But that's not to say they don't have problems of their own. Christine (Catherine Keener) and her husband Patrick (Jason Isaacs) are screenwriters who have discovered that collaborating is more stress than they can deal with. Jane (Frances McDormand) is married to Aaron (Simon McBurney); they work together as designers, but while their professional relationship is cordial, they've become numb to one another as lovers and friends. And Franny (Joan
Cusack) and Matt (Greg Germann) are a couple who comfortably support themselves and their children thanks to an inherited fortune; while their material needs are met, emotionally they can barely handle marriage and parenthood. Friends With Money was written and directed by Nicole Holofcener, who previously made the acclaimed independent features Walking and Talking and Lovely & Amazing. ~ Mark Deming, All Movie Guide"

Anyone seen it?


2 Comments:

At August 5, 2008 at 7:16 PM , Blogger a. said...

I have seen it. It's a little offbeat indie movie but I liked it probably because of the cast - I love Jennifer Aniston.

 
At August 6, 2008 at 7:07 PM , Blogger a. said...

I accidentally erased your comment on my blog when I was fooling around with my new iPhone!

You can get the shoes @http://www.shophalebob.com/stella.html#

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home