Call the Preppies In

Call the preppies in is a little throw back to something that we used to say where I grew up. It’s a deviation of Call the cows in since I grew up on a ranch in Midlo, TX, and yes that stands for “middle of nowhere”. Well, actually, that’s my BFF’s interpretation of my hometown. I have an amazing family, wonderful friends, and the most rewarding job in the world- I teach.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Enjoying my last few days in NYC

Little behind on the posting. Still new to the blog world obviously, but I do have tons to post. :) Stay tuned. Enjoy! :)

I thought I would fill you in on how I am spending the last few days in this AWESOME CITY.
We got the TiVo fixed last night thank goodness, so I am watching recorded shows while surfing the web on my laptop in bed. This morning I woke up tired, obviously not from work or stress, but bc I cannot sleep here. I think it has to do with the fact that your mind gets over stimulated during the day. So many things to see, do, subways, and so on. "B" says that a lot of people actually have to sleep with ear plugs!! Crazy, huh?


Anyway, the firm that "B" works for has put him up in a really nice loft in the financial district in Manhattan. Not that he really gets to enjoy all the amenities bc he works so much, but that's what I'm here for! :)

So, my plan for today was to try out my new beauty product

I purchased yesterday while I was out and about. I know..looks weird, huh? Let me tell you- they are amazing!! I just took them off and luv the results. It says you can actually sleep in them, not sure about that. I left them on for about 2 hours or so. While I had them on, I could not believe how much I actually use my forehead muscles to talk, look up, laugh, etc. Which makes sense, right? That's why I'm seeing the "expression lines!" It was a bit uncomfortable and then I realized that this must be what it feels like to have Botox. When you remove them you still feel the tightness, but lines are gone. Can't wait to share with Mom. She's the product junkie! Like mother like daughter I guess. Uh..oh! The ladies at Neimans might not like my new find! LOL.

Luv you Mom..

Still a big fan of &




Today is the first day I have not met up with "B" for lunch. I decided to have taco and queso leftovers instead! Yes, after a month I needed a Mexican food fix, so we made tacos and queso a couple of night ago. NYC does not have queso, not even rotel. No worries though. "B" always being the prepared one had brought up rotel for us. :) that reminds me- we went here
http://www.zabars.com/ and they did not have ground beef!! uhh!! what???

I laughed at the guy and said that us Texas gals need our red meat! He just grinned and said that they were a speciality grocery store. O..Kay, but we were able to find turkey ground.

I'll just wonder the city until it's time to meet up with "B" and his work friends.
http://www.empirehotelnyc.com/
http://www.rapatina.com/brasserie/

Labels:


1 Comments:

At July 25, 2008 at 3:15 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

Hi BFF,
I love the new blog! so cute! I wish I could be in NYC with you. I cant believe its almost time for you to go back home to Midlo! I've just been busy getting settled and unpacked in the new house. Cant wait for you to come and see it! Miss you and love you!
XOXO, Your BFF

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home