Call the Preppies In

Call the preppies in is a little throw back to something that we used to say where I grew up. It’s a deviation of Call the cows in since I grew up on a ranch in Midlo, TX, and yes that stands for “middle of nowhere”. Well, actually, that’s my BFF’s interpretation of my hometown. I have an amazing family, wonderful friends, and the most rewarding job in the world- I teach.

Monday, July 21, 2008

In 30 years

I've found God, happiness, how to enjoy everyday to its fullest, how to find a bargain, how to make the best out of a situation, how to find the good in people, how to watch your back and look out for yourself, who your friends really are, how to distinguish a good wine from a great wine, the difference between a real hug and a fake one, that maybe I should have worn sunscreen after all, how things really don't always turn out like you plan, fried foods really aren't that bad for you, and the list goes on.
Because of all these things...
I know who I am and what I want.
NOW...if I could just find that other thing.


3 Comments:

At July 22, 2008 at 2:47 PM , Blogger MRU said...

Welcome to blogworld! I look forward to reading more!

 
At July 22, 2008 at 3:40 PM , Blogger Hopsy said...

Welcome! I am SO happy you have started a blog, you are going to have such fun! Thanks for your email and check your inbox later tonight as I am planning to write back soon!

 
At July 31, 2008 at 1:56 PM , Blogger Buford Betty said...

Oh I'm liking this post - welcome to blogworld! It's like an all you can eat buffet of bloggy goodness!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home